- I wore this risqué and sexy off- shoulder black thigh -slit dress and added a black dupatta for the classic Indian twist… I wanted to portray the blending of Indian and Western fashion to create a look like never before- a dress with a dupatta- and lend it some boho yet classy vibes!
- The location for my shoot was Nathan Philips Square in core downtown Toronto and I wanted to symbolize what it feels like to be an Indian fashion blogger representing herself in Canada…
- And oh, I totally dig the huge Toronto and maple leaf sign
- I kept my makeup fairly simple, with a clean dewy face and my go to pink lippy, my focus was the eyes- sparkly to show my Indian glam and the pink crease to show my Canadian subtlety
- When it came to accessories, they were as always; the highlight of my simple outfit- all silver and diamanté necklace and big jhumki earrings with a matching silver cuff- the accessories and the dupatta provide the “Indianness” to my western outfit- and not to forget the dainty bindi that I adorned here as well!!!
- A few words now on my shoes: how I love these classic black block heels- and the diamante shoe clips which I attached to them ; I am not surprised at all how shoe clips are becoming the rage this season and, rightly so, you can wear one shoe in two different ways! Glam up or down in an instant! Go from formal to party just by adding them to your shoes ! Super chic!
All in all, this has been one of my boldest and most challenging shoots and the pictures will speak for themselves on this fact…
It was an exhilarating feeling to have been standing in front of the “Toronto ” sign and posing; showcasing who I am…just being me …
So here’s wishing a big happy birthday to myself and thereafter to Canada!!!
Dress: H&M, Canada
Shoes and Shoe clips: Aldo Accessories , Canada
Dupatta: From India
Earrings and Cuff: Aldo Accessories
Statement neck-piece: From India
Photos by my awesome : LoveOverLenses
Follow me on Instagram and Facebook to stay updated and watch my live stories!!!
Much love to you all!!!